Laking PSYSC - My NSCM Summit Experience

9:46 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

BY: CHARLES IAN V. CES
TABACO NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, TABACO CITY



            “Laking PSYSC, talino’y inaalay para sa kabataan,
            Laking PSYSC,masaya kami at palakaibigan,
            Laking PSYSC,kasama ang hiwaga ng agham,
            Sa PSYSC, nakilala kita..”


These are some of the lyrics included in the song Laking PSYSC. These lyrics may just be phrases to others but it actually displays a deep meaning.

Indeed, joining PSYSC Summit was one of the great experiences that have been a part of my high school life. It all started when I was a sophomore student and I decided to join the National PSYSC Summit in Philippine Science High School – Bicol Campus at Goa, Camarines Sur. It was then where the Summit for Region V was conducted. Neophyte as I am, I was really excited of what will happen during the camp. Only to found out that there were exciting workshops, really mind-challenging subcamp quiz competition, fun ice breakers and also really accommodating subcamp facilitators and members. There was a pledge night and also socials night where we enjoyed different games that were really fun. We were accompanied by our warmhearted advisers, Mr. Ronaldo Reyes and Mrs. Agnes Barsaga.

I was then a facilitator when I was a junior student and the camp was held at Tabaco National High School, Tabaco City. It was the second year I joined PSYSC Summit. I’ve experienced quite different from the others brought by the fact that we were the facilitators. Different responsibilities were put unto our shoulders throughout the summit. Despite of being a facilitator, I still enjoyed the summit.

The summit was organized by the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs-Tabaco National High School under the advisory of the ever-dedicated advisers, Mr. Ronaldo Reyes and Mrs. Agnes Barsaga. The National Committee of PSYSC assisted the whole team during the camp.


Now, it’s my third year of joining this summit and I am still a facilitator. The summit was held same as of last year’s school venue. It may seem to be at the same ground but the fun never been the same. Instead, it has multiplied throughout the summit. The summit was again organized by the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs-Tabaco National High School under the advisory of the enthusiastic advisers, Mr. Ronaldo Reyes and Mrs. Agnes Barsaga. The National Committee of PSYSC also helped the whole team throughout the camp.

“Sa PSYSC,naging kaibigan kita
            Sa PSYSC ay sumama ka na.”
These experiences have developed not only my skills and talents but also myself as a whole. The summit has been a part of my life.  I’ve learned many lessons in this summit and I will forever cherish these experiences.

The whole experience wasn’t fulfilled without the caring advisers, Mr. Ronaldo Reyes and Mrs. Agnes Barsaga and the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs- Tabaco National High School.

With these, I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to everyone who helped me in making this experience possible. 

Search This Blog