A Summer Loving RESCUE Operation

9:42 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

By Kristina Vade I. Santos
Cor Jesu College, Digos City, Davao del Sur
Fun. Exciting. Memorable. These are the words that always pop in my mind whenever I reminisce my 2010 Summer Camp’s unforgettable experiences. No enough words can explain my outrageous memories, experiences and such a nice company.
This camp was indeed a complete package. I had the chance to meet new friends who came from distinctive parts of the country. My mind was loaded with assorted types of information which was inculcated to us by the Transcendants. And I’ve been given the opportunity to further understand and be aware of what’s behind the principles of Disaster Risk Reduction concepts, of which I think, I can be able to share with others as a part of my duty as a science clubber.
ALERT LEVEL ’10: The R.E.S.C.U.E. This year’s theme was a very unique one, not only because it explores more about the other field of Science Technology and Environment, but it’s also very suitable on our situation nowadays. But despite the uniqueness of the theme, this year’s camp still met my expectation of experiencing the magical combination of learning while enjoying.
I take it positively that I should not only learn something from this camp, I believe that I should also draw a picture of a strong and inalienable bond with my co-rescuers. We may have different languages, culture and personalities, but our differences did not serve as a hindrance to our unity as one powerful RESCUE.
The workshops that we had were some of the best highlights of the camp. It enhanced our skills and widened our imagination that goes beyond the capacity of our minds. And it was also the perfect time for us to bond with each other and to slowly build the good spirit within us.
As a very outgoing teenager, my attention was caught by the intensified dance numbers and ice breakers of our beloved facilitators. I was also amazed with the fantastic and classical scenery that we’ve been through during the field trip. It was such a nice experience to be able to learn more about the culture and history of our destinations.
The most essential part for the whole camp duration was the last night-the Pledge Night and Awarding Ceremony. NYSTESC will never be complete without this, the most solemn part of the camp. We conquered the wide sea and travelled a long road just to be present and to stand together as one in pledging our support of being the saviors of the nation. The awarding ceremony may be the end of our momentary stay in the camp, but our role doesn’t end there as we embark on our journey in continuing the goals of PSYSC. We may be in tears as we say goodbye, but bright flying colors await us as we cherish our friendship in the outside world.
I was so privileged to become a part of this spectacular event. What a perfect match of learning with the mixture of enjoying! I was molded to be ALERT at LEVEL 10, I am now a Resilient and Empowered Science Clubber even Under Emergency, I am proud to be the R.E.S.C.U.E!

Search This Blog