PSYSC Watches the Girl on Fire

10:47 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

by Nikka Cunom
   
Last November 21 one of the most internationally anticipated movies this 2013 – Catching Fire – was launched. The movie based on the second book in Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games trilogy made everybody thrilled and excited to go watch it. That includes the ate’s and kuya’s of PSYSC. At least thirty eager volunteers marched to Trinoma on the said movie’s premiere day to witness for themselves the much awaited sequel.

The movie was great but watching it with the company of their fellow members made it greater. This was a great opportunity for them to bond and spend time with each other. Continue reading to know what the NECATs thought of this experience.

Kim Lazo:
Let's face it. After numerous counts, it is safe to assume that movie adaptations are poor comparisons to the book versions. They are failed attempts and definitely ruin the story. But that is not the case with this one. I am not a movie connoisseur but I can say confidently that the movie lived up to its hype. I was very excited to watch it and it didn't disappoint me. I'd like to think myself as a fan and as a fan of the trilogy, it was faithful to the book to some extent. It was worth it to watch. Catching Fire lit my admiration for the book and author once more. And it definitely ended my day with a bang.  PS. Of course, Jennifer Lawrence is a big plus plus. 

Meliton Chiong III:
I was really glad and excited. It was a long time that I saw my fellow NECATs and at last, that was the time to feed my separation anxiety. 
A few minutes before the movie screening, one of the NECATs took pictures of us, although I'm not really sure if it's legal. But since lights are flashing from the camera and our attention weren't caught yet, I did not care. I'm having a good time posing. The movie started and everybody was silent. Throughout the movie, my seatmates and I were having side comments. We had fun laughing at the funny scenes; gasping, screaming, and shouting whenever suspense came up. I just hope we did not greatly disturb other people.
It was all worth it. The movie was so great! I had no regret! We took group pictures with each other. I was really having fun, and I can see that the people watching us pose and smile are having fun too. I regret nothing for spending my night with PSYSC.

Search This Blog