Start

8:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

By Nelizza Mae Marzo
                2010 National Youth Science Technology and Environment Summer Camp is a 4-day camp which is very much anticipated by the high school students and the elementary students alike. The camp is expected to enable the students to learn more about the theme and have fun at the same time.  Students from different parts of the country responded to the invitation and came here for that purpose. Why should we expect less when we paid a lot, right? No doubt, PSYSC didn’t fail us and kept us happy and comfortable.
                Aside from the activities in the camp, there is something offered only to the selected or elected representatives from all the different regions – it’s the The Leadership Training Seminar (LTS). Yes, it’s a training, and I thought it would come in a strict and very serious approach. The ates and kuyas proved me wrong. They were all so accommodating, friendly, and always with a smile on their faces.
The first topic was all about PSYSC. They shared the great history of their organization. They presented it so well that I forgot to be bored. They communicated with us and encouraged us to talk.
The second topic was about Organizational Behavior, followed by Leadership. I do believe in the statement that “Leaders are not born, they are made”.  It speaks to me since in my younger years, I was not the type of person who partakes in many activities. I was much less of a leader, but I realized that the qualities of a leader can be learned. I, for one was definitely not a born-leader but I was nurtured and still in the process of becoming a fully developed one.
The last topic was about PSYSC Committees and how they function, and I know that what they have been doing is not an easy task.
I know this is only the beginning. But all in all, I really liked how this day turned out to be.
Nelizza Mae Marzo
DRANHS, Region 11

Search This Blog