At The Beginning

8:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

by Rosanno Seth C. Galarosa
At the beginning of the camp, I was a bit disappointed upon hearing the differences of my schedule and location to those of my schoolmates. It saddened me for I was hoping to stay with them and have minimal differences in our schedule. But nevertheless, I was alleviated by the supportive words of encouragement that my teachers and my schoolmates had given me.
Time went by fast and I found myself in a room full of strangers, sharing “Hi” and “hello” with a believable smile. Although I tried to savor the “you-can-do-it” words of my teachers, the very thought of pressure and hardships of the coming events was building up inside me.
It was 3:30 pm and we just got off from my first hitch-hiking experience. It is sad to say that punctuality wasn’t present in our arrival. At that time, I temporarily obliviated myself from the tingle of embarrassment and failure and gave myself a short-term confidence-boost to blend and adapt to the environment.
Our first topic was “Sa PISOYSI”. It introduced to us the LTS 2010 expectations as well as the PSYSC itself. Furthermore, extensive introductions were made about the very core of PSYSC and its branches as well as its fruit bearings. I was amazed at how some people value the sense of the organization and camaraderie that it provided to them.
As Kuya RJ was telling us stories about cancer survivors and business moguls that thanking PSYSC for being a part of it, I kept thinking about the reasons why they are doing so. At that time, a little spark of inspiration, which was the yearning of emulation, was ignited within me.
Next day came without knocking on the door to give us challenges that will test our title as leaders.
At the start of the day, Kuya Ryan gave us a very detailed and enjoyable description of leadership and its framework. Although I considered some ideas known, I was still captured by some of the descriptions of leadership that experts had thought of. Furthermore, the hierarchal system of leadership within the PSYSC and the functions of each were said and explained in order for us to emulate and use the system in our schools. Moreover, we were also enlightened about the different PSYSC committees as a framework as well as a preparation towards the committee immersion.
The committee immersion was a real treat. All throughout the afternoon, I followed Ate Jayvee going back and forth all over the grounds. Even though I was out of breath for a few moments, I still enjoyed the lesson.
I know now that food can also bring other people sadness.
Rosanno Seth C. Galarosa
Sorsogon N.H.S., Region 5

Search This Blog