My First Faci story

8:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Thea Colobong

Fulfilling, the best experience, superb; these words are not enough to explain what it was like being a facilitator. Having merely 2 hours of sleep for about 5 days, looking over 30 lively pupils and asking them to form their lines, the froggy dance and chicken dance to be performed everyday… these are just some of the things that I have experienced as a first time facilitator in CSIW Tagaytay.

As a first time faci I had some ideas about the things that will happen but what I experienced was far better. It was truly a privilege to be a facilitator, to experience new and good things and to be with good people who care for you. Being in CSIW for the first time was already a big challenge, added with challenge of keeping up and guiding 30 kids. Yes, being a faci was tough but the kids made my first CSIW experience light and happy. They made me feel not just their facilitator but their older sister, being there during workshops and giving words of encouragement to go on and continue, reminding them of the things to do, having lunch and dinner together, and most of all, experiencing new things together.

Being a facilitator was really worthwhile. It was good knowing that in some way they give importance to the simple things that I am able to share with them and that they also have imparted to me great things that I will never forget. My 4 days spent with these kids is really significant for me and it will always be a part of me. ^-^

Thea Colobong
Facilitator, CSIW 2010

Search This Blog