My Pre-Summer Days

8:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

By Louie John P. Alcarde
First times are always along the way. One came along mine. They call it Leadership Training Seminar. This activity was introduced to me only during the celebration of the National Science Club Month last September 2009.
It was an opportunity I can’t have any hesitations to grab. Of course, I want to be a leader, though I am already one in my own ways.
Last times, along with the first ones, also came along. Sometimes, they come together. More like partners, more like father and bride walking down the aisle. To me, they came as conjoined twins.
Royale Tagaytay Country Club is the place. It was a very nice venue for the camp and for the LTS. I went there with twenty other schoolmates and two teachers. We enjoyed before everything started.
One sunny afternoon of April 7, 2010, I met others who, like me, wanted to become an efficient leader.
The activity started immediately. As expected, the traditional “Meet and Greet” sessions were first. Then, kuya RJ, the National Executive Council President talked about the organization where he belongs and where we belong.
It was called, as written on our schedule, “Ang PISOYSI.” In that lecture, I have learned more what really the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs is: its past, the stories behind it, and even the stories of the people behind it.  It includes everything about the family of many other science enthusiasts all over the archipelago; everything about my family.
The organizational behavior was the second topic on the list explained by Kuya Ryan. It was very well explained by Kuya Ryan. That was when I’ve learned about the organization’s organizational chart. I call it my family tree.
Too much I’ve learned, too much to write. Maybe I’d just write a little in every topic.
Next was about a word found in the acronym LTS: Leadership. Kuya Ryan explained it. Like the first, it was undeniably clear, crystal clear. I’ve learned what a leader truly is. Lipinan and Hakala, if I am not mistaken, expanded the ten traits a true leader should possess.
After that, Ate Tin explained how the PSYSC committees work. Specifically, the committees for the camp they were handling. It’s a good thing they taught us that. It is because my schoolmates really wanted to have a school camp, the PSYSC way.
There were so many things to talk about in the first day. There were so many experiences to treasure. I didn’t even feel tired. I felt lucky, though these two feelings don’t connect. I was blessed to have an opportunity to become a leader in every sense.
Louie John P. Alcarde
Kidapawan City National High School, Region 12

Search This Blog